U.S.S. Lexington aircraft carrier that served off and on for nearly 50 years from WWII through the early nineties. The Essex-class CV-16 served as a replacement for the original U.S.S. Lexington CV-2 which had been lost during the Battle of the Coral Sea. The Japanese referred to the Lexington as a “ghost” ship for her tendency to reappear after reportedly being sunk. This, coupled with the ship’s dark blue camouflage scheme earned her the nickname, the Blue Ghost. The ship can still be visited as a museum in Corpus Christi, TX.
This release of the U.S.S. Lexington model kit celebrates the storied history of the ship. It measures nearly 20” long and features 32 aircraft. Water slide decals and pictorial assembly instructions are included.
- 1:525 scale, skill level 2
- 32 planes included for the deck
- Clear pictorial instructions and water-slide decals included
- Historically accurate, authentic and finely detailed
- Skill level 2, molded in gray
- 20 inches long